My path up until now has had surprising curves and detours unexpected. The path of life is not linear. It has dips and declines and steep inclines with plenty of opportunities to trip and fall...and to get back UP. This is definitely true in following Christ, but His grace sustains me.
- As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives. –Henry David Thoreau
- Your Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. –Psalm of David
- I think joy and sweetness and affection are a spiritual path. We're here to know God, to love and serve God, and to be blown away by the beauty and miracle of nature. You just have to get rid of so much baggage to be light enough to dance, to sing, to play. You don't have time to carry grudges; you don't have time to cling to the need to be right. -Anne Lamott
- Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not unto your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths. –Proverbs 3:5-6
- Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb. –Winston Churchill
- The past does not have to be your prison. You have a voice in your destiny. You have a say in your life. You have a choice in the path you take. -Max Lucado