Thursday, October 3, 2013

And the Nominees Are...

Wow...my dear Brit friend, Viv Halliwell, nominated my blog for the Sunshine Award...how bloody kind of her!  But with the nomination comes some work on my part to get the award.  But first, a photo.


Edster and I were walking on the walking trail at Carnifex Ferry Battlefield State Park yesterday. Major trees down...huge hemlocks capsized.  Remnants of Hurricane Sandy...it hit the West Virginia mountains just before Halloween last year with horrendous winds and buckets of snow.  But there is beauty in the debris if one takes time to see...and I saw these pine cones with some amazing light.

Back to the nomination ~

I have to link up with Viv, answer her questions, then nominate 10 other bloggers...and ask them some questions...okay, let's go!

Questions (from Viv)

1 What is your favourite season ?  Are you kidding?  Autumn, of course!

2  City or country ?  Country...most definitely!

3  Do you prefer black and white or colour photography ?  Ooh, a tuffy...but I'll go with color.

4  Who do you look up to ?  My severely autistic son, Caleb...his daily courage amid unfathomable obstacles puts me to shame.

5  If you could travel anywhere where would it be?  Scotland and Northern Ireland

6   Tea or coffee ? What is your favourite beverage.  Coffee.  White chocolate mocha but at 500 calories a pop...I rarely have one.

7   Do you have a favourite place to visit ? Where is it?  WEST VIRGINIA!

8   What is your favourite recipe ? your fall back recipe ?  My great-grandmother's ice box rolls recipe.  Fall back:  French Oven Stew

9   Christmas fan ? or do you love another holiday ?  I love the Christmas season BUT my favorite holiday is Thanksgiving...full of gratitude, rarely commercialized.

10. Your favourite film ?  Are you kidding?  How can I choose?  Okay...our family's old home movies.

OK Guys


Please know that this is not a chain letter – nothing untoward will befall you should you choose not to participate. If you wish to just answer the questions I’m fine with that, too. But if you Do want to join in the fun, here are the “rules”:
1. Include the award logo in a post or on your blog.
2. Link to the person who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself and write 10 questions for your nominees to answer
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.

And the nominees are:
Sarah Huizenga - Paisley Rain Boots
Sally Calligan - Day 2 Day Radishes
Cindy Swainson - My Art is Life
Roxi Hardegree - Creating Beyond the Layers
Carol Orbeck - LAF Custom Designs
Lisa RedWillos - Red Willow A Beauty Seeker
Joy Jordan  - Born Joy
Madelin Wolf - Madelin C. Wolf's Blog

And here are the questions:
1.  What pivotal event in your life changed you for the better?
2.  Oldies? Opera? Country? Hip Hop? Blues? Jazz? Contemporary Christian? Rat Pack? Polka? Other? (please specify)
3.  Spring or Fall?
4.  What is your favorite comfort food?
5.  What is your favorite creative activity?
6.  Looking back on your life, what era would you like to live over?
7.  Barefoot or slippers?
8.  How would you describe your home dec style?
9.  What evokes emotion in you?
10. What one thing do you want to accomplish before your life is over?
So there you have it....and GO!


11 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part my friend love the sound of the French Onion Stew, maybe we could do a recipe swap...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's French Oven...if you want the recipe, I'll give it to you!!!!

      Delete
  2. So fun to learn new things about fellow bloggers. - My dream vacation is a trip to Ireland.
    Your photo of the pinecones is stunning. - I really enjoy your work and blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading your answers to Viv's questions. I so want to visit England again. Hopefully allowing enough time (and money) to visit Scotland and Ireland too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Denise...not sure how to do this but I'll see you tomorrow with my answers and questions...sweet of you to think of me...Is this a copy and paste kind of thing..or do I actually have to type it all out..God...save me from my weakness in this techie world...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can copy and paste...I want to see your answers!!!! ;)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for your visit to my blog today Denise...and yes, I am Blessed...Clara is such a loving and kind friend...and I'm happy you got to meet her...xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photo would make such a nice card. Enjoyed reading your answers and learning more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed reading so much more about you. Thank you kindly for the Sunshine Award. Made my day. Im so sorry I didnt get here before this, Im so up to my eyes in work here since I got home from visiting family. You are a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Denise, you are very kind. Thanks much for including my blog. I just finished my post--thanks for the thought-provoking questions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to you and your inspirational blog! And thank you for the nomination. I'm going to beg off though, because I'm already seeing some overlap in the nominees lists...I just don't know many more bloggers. But I am enjoying getting to know the rest of you.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Every comment is read personally by me and is deeply appreciated!