Edster and I were walking on the walking trail at Carnifex Ferry Battlefield State Park yesterday. Major trees down...huge hemlocks capsized. Remnants of Hurricane Sandy...it hit the West Virginia mountains just before Halloween last year with horrendous winds and buckets of snow. But there is beauty in the debris if one takes time to see...and I saw these pine cones with some amazing light.
Back to the nomination ~
I have to link up with Viv, answer her questions, then nominate 10 other bloggers...and ask them some questions...okay, let's go!
Questions (from Viv)
1 What is your favourite season ? Are you kidding? Autumn, of course!
2 City or country ? Country...most definitely!
3 Do you prefer black and white or colour photography ? Ooh, a tuffy...but I'll go with color.
4 Who do you look up to ? My severely autistic son, Caleb...his daily courage amid unfathomable obstacles puts me to shame.
5 If you could travel anywhere where would it be? Scotland and Northern Ireland
6 Tea or coffee ? What is your favourite beverage. Coffee. White chocolate mocha but at 500 calories a pop...I rarely have one.
7 Do you have a favourite place to visit ? Where is it? WEST VIRGINIA!
8 What is your favourite recipe ? your fall back recipe ? My great-grandmother's ice box rolls recipe. Fall back: French Oven Stew
9 Christmas fan ? or do you love another holiday ? I love the Christmas season BUT my favorite holiday is Thanksgiving...full of gratitude, rarely commercialized.
10. Your favourite film ? Are you kidding? How can I choose? Okay...our family's old home movies.
Please know that this is not a chain letter – nothing untoward will befall you should you choose not to participate. If you wish to just answer the questions I’m fine with that, too. But if you Do want to join in the fun, here are the “rules”:
1. Include the award logo in a post or on your blog.
2. Link to the person who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself and write 10 questions for your nominees to answer
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
And the nominees are:
Sarah Huizenga - Paisley Rain Boots
Sally Calligan - Day 2 Day Radishes
Cindy Swainson - My Art is Life
Roxi Hardegree - Creating Beyond the Layers
Cathy Sly - My Corner Through My Lens
Cheryl Crotty - Cheryl's World in Prose and Photographs
Carol Orbeck - LAF Custom Designs
Lisa RedWillos - Red Willow A Beauty Seeker
Joy Jordan - Born Joy
Madelin Wolf - Madelin C. Wolf's Blog
And here are the questions:
1. What pivotal event in your life changed you for the better?
2. Oldies? Opera? Country? Hip Hop? Blues? Jazz? Contemporary Christian? Rat Pack? Polka? Other? (please specify)
3. Spring or Fall?
4. What is your favorite comfort food?
5. What is your favorite creative activity?
6. Looking back on your life, what era would you like to live over?
7. Barefoot or slippers?
8. How would you describe your home dec style?
9. What evokes emotion in you?
10. What one thing do you want to accomplish before your life is over?
So there you have it....and GO!