Saturday, August 4, 2012

Rachel Carson, Silent Spring, and Homework

One of the gifts we enjoy daily, while directly from God, the Creator, can also be attributed to the work of Rachel Carson.  It was her work and authorship of her book, Silent Spring, that addressed the peril of our natural world from the misuse of pesticides after World War II.  Multiple species of disappearing birds have returned making our Spring full of song, once again.  So I thought I would use one of her quotes in doing my work for Kim's Texture Tuesday and her Beyond Layers class.  In our Beyond class we learned some new tricks with type text.

Look and See

Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts. -- Rachel Carson


I added the words "take the time...to look...and really see" as I contemplated how we miss so much in our daily lives that God gives to us to enjoy...His gifts, His mercies.  And I recall another quote.


Live your life each day as you would climb a mountain. An occasional glance toward the summit keeps the goal in mind, but many beautiful scenes are to be observed from each new vantage point. Climb slowly, steadily, enjoying each passing moment;  and the view from the summit will serve as a fitting climax for the journey. -- Harold V. Melchert

So continue whatevery journey God is guiding you on, but don't miss His wonderful gifts along the way.

With gratitude,
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Wish I had taken the Beyond Layers class, but I'll grab the next one. Still catching up on Behind the Scenes so it's all good. Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, this is really sweet. I love the Rachel Carson quote and your contemplation is the icing on the cake. What font did you use on this. I love it! ;->

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quotes, wonderful! And your image is fantastic, they match so well together!
    Have a wonderful Sunday!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, gentle with full of heart thanks Denise.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lissa - Tar and feather me for not responding sooner! The name of the font used is called Gita Script. Wherever I got it, it was most definitely free!

    ReplyDelete

Every comment is read personally by me and is deeply appreciated!