This week flew...but I figured better late than never with my 5 Fact Friday.
Elijah, my 4-year-old grandson, and I went to a local park, The Seiberling Nature Realm, which is a metropark and arboretum. Edster and Bruno came along, as well. Elijah's job was to help Mamaw find some shapes to photograph. In his honor, my 5 facts this week will center around him.
1. Elijah LOVES green! Green has been his favorite color since he was 2 and first recognized colors.
2. Elijah won't sit in chairs that have flowers in them. When I asked him to sit in this chair, he said he couldn't without hurting the flowers.
3. Elijah notices the little things.
4. Elijah cannot pass up a drinking fountain. He thought there were three circles in this photograph, but he forgot to count his mouth and ear.
5. Elijah always has fun with Mamaw.
And so this week in my Beyond Layers e-course, I did the assignment looking for circles and squares. Here are the results (thanks, Elijah!):
I've noticed this week that there is merit in paying attention to the ordinary, every day things. Elijah notices everything and an ordinary walk brought so many gifts and so much joy. It was a thrill to walk through the paths on an evening of the waning summer. The glory of God was everywhere!