Monday, July 2, 2012

Why? (Why DO I blog?)

Scarlet Dahlia

Another assignment from my class with Kim and Xanthe.  We were asked to reflect and answer the question, "Why do I blog?" (Not to be confused as the same questions as How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.)

A flurry of reasons fly into my head, so rather than elaborate in detail, I will list them here in no particular order.
  • To purposefully focus on the gifts bestowed on me daily because of God's mercy and share it with others
  • To be heard and be known
  • To create a place of solace and serenity in the chaotic storm of our society
  • To relish in the passions of my life:  faith, photography, creativity, contemplative life, and family
  • To commune with others who crave for other creative souls who march to the beat of a different drummer
  • To leave behind a legacy to my children and grandchildren
  • To glorify God
  • And a bunch of other reasons that will come to me when I'm in the shower <smile>
With gratitude,

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. LOL - it's so true...all the good stuff comes to us in the shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, all kinds of thoughts come to me in the shower. I need a waterproof notepad in there.

    Love the look of your blog and that it is faith based. A kindred spirit!! Looking forward to watching us bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise, thank you so much for the kind comment you left on my blog...I loved reading your reasons for blogging, and I laughed at your comment about more reasons coming to you while in the shower. I so relate to that! lol...it's great to meet you and take this class with you. Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Denise, I enjoyed reading your "Why I Blog". We would all be a lot happier if we focused more on the gifts God bestows upon us daily. Hope to get to know you better in BTS.

    ReplyDelete

Every comment is read personally by me and is deeply appreciated!