Monday, June 4, 2012

A Week of Quotes and Words - Day Three

Our inspired word for day three  from Kim Klassen was the word "change."  The hardest thing for any person is change:  changing routine, changing environment, or changing themselves.  At the same time, if viewed as a gift, change can also represent opportunity.

Often change can come in the cloak of adversity and events that seem contraindicated by God's character of goodness, lovingkindness, mercy, and everlasting love.  Yet it is very clear in James that these elements of change and loss have a Divine purpose that comes from the deepest part of God's heart.
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials  of various kinds, for you know that  the testing of your faith  produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be  perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Most often it is not the major trials that trip me up, but the day-in and day-out annoyances and irritants that diffuse the Light and Hope in me that I so desire to reflect.  It is the same things that I mentioned in my previous post ...also things like changing offices to a different building outside of the hospital, stretched thin because of staff on leave, computer glitches as we transition to electronic medical records, and the scale up a pound or two, that blinds my eyes to the gifts that God is giving by way of "change" to make me more myself.  That is, more like Him.

More Myself

And so through these things I am constantly reminded of my sin...how much I miss the mark...and how much I need to embrace the "change" as God's way of completing the work in me that He has promised to do (Phil. 1:6).

With gratitude,

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is read personally by me and is deeply appreciated!