Friday, April 3, 2015

Love So Amazing


I have been very cognizant of the significance of this day...the day my Savior died.

The weather outside today appeared as if the earth was grieving...weeping...remembering the events of 2,000 years ago.

And as I contemplate this incomparable sacrifice, a question keeps mulling over in my head:

What have I done with His gift of grace?

My life has been infested with failures...but my Father is the One, through His Son, who redeems and restores and has done so!  Not by the good that I have done...but by His grace.

Brennan Manning writes:
To be alive is to be broken. And to be broken is to be in need of grace. Honesty keeps us in touch with our neediness and the truth that we are saved sinners.  There is a beautiful transparency to honest disciples who never wear a false face and do not pretend to be anything but who they are.
This daughter of a proud, self-reliant Appalachian man who loved God...must live every moment of every day in desperate neediness and reliance on nothing else but God's grace.  I must plead daily for God to empty of myself so Christ can be seen.

Love so amazing...so Divine...demands my soul...my life...my all.

More tomorrow...


3 comments:

  1. I made my way all week with Jesus and the Cross .. a journey and Im peaceful .. Grateful and full of emotion this morning as I woke up to fog and tears..
    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just confirmed the fact that I need to read Brennan Manning with that quote. I really enjoyed this post. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara - The Ragamuffin Gospel is the first book of his I read. I would go to that one first.

      Delete

Every comment is read personally by me and is deeply appreciated!