Friday, July 18, 2014

Friday Finds - The Late Edition

Squeezing this in...linking up with Kim's Friday Finds!


A walk in the Springfield Bog yesterday awarded me handsomely.

This Northern Bobwhite is a rare sighting in northern Ohio...and when one is suspected, they can be very elusive!  They have a very distinct call, "Bob-bob-white!"  You can hear it here:



Unfortunately their numbers have drastically declined due to loss of habitat.  I'm so thankful that someone did not allow this bog to be developed and it was purchased by our metro park system.

I feel even more blessed to have had such amazing, close ups of this little gem and hearing it call back and forth to a female!

HIGHLIGHT OF MY WEEK!

6 comments:

  1. I love how they put their entire body into their calls. Great find!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't you love when timing plays out just right.... what an amazing capture..... I've never seen a bob white... ever...
    beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim - You have NO idea! It was a direct gift...all is grace!

      Delete
  3. Love the birds. Your work is so very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to meet Mr. Robert White. Did he sing for you? The one in the video seemed to choose his words carefully. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Every comment is read personally by me and is deeply appreciated!